Wednesday, May 14, 2008

art web sites to give inspiration

in today's class we were instructed to look at a site that we liked, and one that we thought represented art.

i chose webagent007 and group94.

Group94 really caught my attention because the site was extremely simply laid out. I would call it minimalist, because hardly any colours were used, and in every page, all that was shown was a bit of text, and then a full screen picture.
What also really caught my attention was the effect that had been laid onto every photo.
Each photo looked as if it had embossed squares coming out from it, as if the picture was coming through a security camera, or some lens that didn't have the cleanest focus.

This effect was extremely effective as it added character to the site, and kept me looking to see the rotation of images.
This filter on the image is something which I've already implemented into my site. My opening page is of my face, and on that image I have applied a filter to alter the original image, and to make it stand out more so that it will capture the viewers attention and make them want to enter the site.

The 007 site uses some phenomenal flash. It is a web site that specializes in making web sites for clients, and basically I think there pretty amazing - so this site was merely for inspirations...

I've decided to re-vamp my current web site, and use a black background over every page to make it relate to the initial welcome page.
I've edited all the rollover links, so that they further stay with my black theme, and I think this also lifts the character of the site as it's primarily black, with moving animations and images that are coluorful and create interest.

Later in the week I'll edit all the flash files because I can't edit my CS3 files at uni, and once that has been done I'll load some screen shots and links up here for everyone to see!

No comments: