I've always been very interested in graffiti. Not the type where there are tags all over the place and on top of each other - but where graf artists have come and created some awesome looking grunge/random artwork.
So I went onto flickr and did a tag search for “graffiti” and “street art”.
I love it how these artists are able to create 3D work, and a 2D surface such as the pavement or bricks, and normally the colours that are used are extremely bold, bright and dominant colours that instantly capture the viewers attention.
I'm hoping that through looking at some of these tagged images, I'll be able to take some colours and inspiration away from the site, and implement it into my site.
Here are some of the images I particular liked.
These first 5 use bright colours, and all try to portray different ideas which the artist is hoping to get across.
(Official Link)Uses shades or red, blue, yellow and purple to illustrate the child's expression. You're instantly drawn to the child's face, as the eyes are so large and bright in happiness. Hopefully my site will be able to create an ore factor like this one!
(Official Link)This is the kind of graffiti I really love. It's 3D, looks as if it's jumping out of the wall, and only uses 3 shades of colour - blue, orange and grey. The final image is very sharp, and professional looking, and although it's a static image, you can't help but think it's going somewhere.
I'm hoping to only use a couple of colours in my site, but I'm making sure that the colours I do use are bright and lively, and relate to my personality.
(Official Link)Once again a very bold "in your face" artwork that uses 4 colours - red, blue, black and white.
(Official Link)
(Official Link)I really love the font type used for graffiti work, and I've downloaded many free fonts which incorporate this effect.
At the moment in my site I haven't used any graffiti fonts anywhere, rather I've stayed with the thick Arial font for the headings. I'm not too sure if I will change and use a graff font, but depending on the information I display in the site, I might change the fonts at a later stage...
(Official Link)
(Official Link)These 2 images are ones that create interest and curiosity about their intended meaning.
I'm wanting my web site to be pretty self explanatory, and easy to navigate and understand, but it would be intriguing to add an aspect to the site where the user would have to think for a couple of seconds about what hey need to do, or what that part of the site is trying to convey... I'll be thinking about this idea for a while.
(Official Link)This final image is all about attitude and power.
Our site is all about our personality, and through the skills I acquire in this course I hope to be able to employ some techniques to show off a bit of attitude and power in certain parts of my site
1 comment:
sorry .. didn't know you knew about Banksy! How about putting some art work that really expresses your personality/ID etc.. ?
Post a Comment