Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More research into sites

I've been trying to find sites that I actually visit, and like the look of to try and represent the sorts of sites I like going to. Rather than searching in google for specific sites, and then deciding if I like them or not.

Two site is visit regularly are Commbank and
ING Direct for all my banking needs.

Both sites employ the use of Flash, and HTML coding for the site, with both sites having a bold header towards the top of the site which advertises their latest interest rates or newest accounts on offer.
I definitely wouldn't say these sites are art inspirited sites, rather they rely heavily on a couple of similar characteristics.
- simple and prominent colours that are common the the bank (such as logo colours or branch colours)
- easy navigation to the various parts of the site for the various different banking needs everyone has
- both sites have moving graphics (Flash) to capture the users attention.

I believe these sites are well designed, and to be a major bank, you need to have an extremely well designed web site to attract customers, and to also keep current customers. The web site has to be easy to understand for those not too internet savey, but it also needs to be designed in a way whereby the curious customer can find out with as limited clicks as possible the facts they want to find.
These sites are design created - with the sole purpose I believe in making sure the customer has an easy time navigating around the site.

MotoCrew is on a completely different level of web design compared to the above sites.
This site has been created with 18-30 yr olds in mind, so carries the characteristics of those kind of outgoing, arty, sporty, tech savey people...
The site employs a lot of vector images, along with small sections of flash.
The site itself has been designed extremely well with nice flashy looking buttons with effects and shadows, but I'd say this site is just that bit more arty because of the amount of effort that has obviously put into the site to make it look cool and up-to-date with the 18-30 yr old generation.

I'd love to be able to create a web site like the above web site, where awesome graphics are used for the buttons and overall layout, and then vector images are created to further enhance the overall personality of the site.

No comments: