Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Today's Lecture

In today’s lecture/tutorial we learnt how to use Photoshop to layer images.
I knew most of the techniques shown, but it was still got revision and I did learn more about masks, and using the (create new layer option) in the layers tab down the bottom…

RED

The above image is what I was able to design.
I added the first image, and didn’t edit it at all – the 2nd image I added a Linear Dodge to, which allowed for the background image to come through the next image a bit.

I then added in the 3rd image, and then added a gradient over every layer from red to green to create a pretty cool effect I feel.

I then added in the text, and employed the use of the shadow effect, and then moved the shadow distance further away to create a large backdrop for the shadow.

I would have liked to include a light in the top RHS.. but couldn’t get any good light happening in PS...

We also had to create a mock up of a web site, or what we wanted out actual final assignment web site to look like.

I quickly put together this brief image
MockUp

Although I don't want my site to look like this at all - I just wanted to have a play with the shadow, hue/saturation and curve editor.
Obviously it doesn't look too pro, but I thought it was ok for something qhiped up in such a short time.

I'll have the actual mock preview of my site up here in a couple of days.

No comments: