Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New look site

I've decided to re-arrange my navigation link buttons, and to change the layout of the site.

I've designed 4 roll-over images that control the 4 different pages to the site.
No roll-over tells you what page you're being directed to, but it's all in a normal web site layout.
I've cut the lower 1/4 of the banner off, to remove the initial links I had designed.
I realised that the banner's height was just too big - filling up half the browser's window for smaller screen resolutions

Photobucket
This shows the 4 squares, with their outline showing, and when you roll-over one, the whole square fills in.

Photobucket
When you're reading the actual page you're on, then that square navigation button will be filled in to notify you that you're on that corresponding page.

3 comments:

Web art & design said...

andrew why don't you find some fonts (on the web) that have that wall art / graffiti / tagging look to them to use for your name?
check out this British street artist (Banksy):
http://www.banksy.co.uk/

Web art & design said...

here's one link:
http://www.graffitifonts.com/fonts.shtml

Unknown said...

I originally was going to use a graffiti font Gianni, but all the fonts I had previously downloaded were just too hard to read. But thanks very much for that other font site link!

I've found a couple of really good fonts, so will experiment with them today!